Zogby Ibope International conducted a nationally representative survey of community association residents in February 2012. The survey affirmed what Zogby learned from similar national surveys in 2005, 2007 and 2009:
- Residents are satisfied with their community associations.
- Association board members strive to serve the best interests of the community.
- Community managers provide value and support to associations.
- Association rules protect and enhance property values.
- Homeowners value the return they get for their association assessments.
- Residents do not want additional government intervention in their communities.
Facts and Figures
- An estimated 2 million volunteers serve on community association boards, with tens of thousands more serving as committee members.
- There are at least 320,000 community association annual meetings every year, at least 2.5 million association board meetings and an estimated one million association committee meetings a year.
- The estimated annual value of the time devoted by board members and other resident volunteers to their community associations is $850 million. According to one estimate, about 26 percent of the eligible U.S. population volunteers at some point during a year; community association leaders volunteer continuously during a year—a large percentage of them for many years.
- In 2012, association boards supervised the collection of close to $40 billion in annual assessments and maintained investment accounts of more than $35 billion for the long-term maintenance and replacement of commonly held property.
**Liberty Community Management is constantly researching and checking statistics to improve our services and grow our business. We always appreciate our Board Members and homeowners input and feedback on any issues, problems and more importantly ideas for resolutions to these matters. We do value your opinion. Please reach out to Will Deissroth, our Business Specialist with any problems related to the website, navigation of the website, how to use the sites features or ideas on how to better our site. Will can be reached at email@example.com or by phone at 770-466-6331 ext 142.**